So much has happened lately...And honestly I've been very involved with a post that I'll publish eventually but it takes time to write and so I haven't written in a long time.So this is very quick because I'm groggy from my new migraine medication. Here goes:
- I started Topamax for migraine prevention. If I can tolerate it (it has cognitive side effects) it may also be a weak mood stabilizer and can help with weight loss from psychotropic weight gain. I'm increasing very, very slowly to decrease the risk of side effects. This is day 2 and it just makes me tired so far.
- My house passed inspection and is awaiting appraisal. It closes in less than 3 weeks.
- I made it 4 weeks without waiting to hurt myself and marked the occasion by realizing hours after I left Dr. Mind that he hadn't asked about it for the first time in many months.
- My new niece will be here in the next 3 weeks. Any time now really. She is breach so my sister probably has to have another c-section.
- My existing niece is showing signs of imitating some of the ways her mother treats me. After I described this to Dr. Mind and he pointed out that she will treat me like her mother if I don't stop it with her mother I decided now isn't the time to take on my sister but I did make a point of letting my niece know that some of the things she said to me that day were not at all ok. My sister pretty much let her think she can hit and bite me so those things are on my list too. I may not be favorite Aunt Jen for a while but I am not going to be treated like that by a 3 year old. And I love her too much for her to abuse me.
- I am not awake enough to say more. Topamax is an excellent sleeping pill thus far. I won't know if it prevents migraines for 2 months unless a lower than usual dose helps. I think that's possible because I"m on neurontin which can also help migraines but I'm on a very low dose. Maybe they'll work together.