Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, March 20, 2009

Grrr....

So I seem to have strep. I missed 2 days of work this week thanks to this, and I really feel lousy. I'll be spending my weekend sleeping. Or not. Today I've been wide awake all day. I think this has to do with being very awake very early with some serious nightmares. I didn't even do anything to trigger them; usually it's from therapy but since I could barely speak yesterday we kept therapy pretty light. (I only went because I don't think late cancellations are free and I had to leave the house to go to urgent care anyway).

Funny story: Dr. Body's name is a very odd ethnic name which includes things like 2 sets of 3 vowels in a row. He goes by Dr. First Name to make it easy. I have learned that I need to know how to spell his name for other doctors and urgent care, so I know it. I also know how to pronounce it, just because I've been his patient a long time. So they asked who my doctor was and I said his name. The woman looked at me and I spelled it. Twice. Finally she found it and said "oh, some other guy had him yesterday. He couldn't pronounce that either". Um, no? I pronounced it and spelled it just fine. You, lady, didn't believe me nor listen. And I'm sorry I'm not talking loudly (this was annoying her) but MY THROAT HURTS.

Sheesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love docs with weird names!

Sorry that you're not feeling well, get some rest this weekend!