Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Not gone yet

I'm not gone yet. I'm just unable to write at the moment.  I can but it takes forever and I make a lot of mistakes trying to make sense.  So I'm not doing it much.

I'm not well enough to do anything with the blog just yet.  Right now it is a fight to stay out of the hospital.  I've had so many times I've had to fight symptoms and do things but it turns out you can't control psychosis.  And I have psychosis.  Dr. Mind is pretty concerned.

I'll be back at least once more.  Who knows maybe I'll stay.  I doubt it but I have had so much horribleness going on that I can't make decisions.

Thank you again for the kind comments and understanding.

5 comments:

Julia Roberts said...

Jen, it's been months I'm sorry to say, since I've come over. Having closed my own personal blog after 9 years I understand.

I was just writing a piece about how the Internet changed my life through support for my family. My story of how you reached out to me about change certainly did lead to us getting the help Gage needed much quicker. It also helped me parent him better, quicker. I think I would have eventually found my way to support him but your stories of your childhood and your own treatment really moved me in a direction with Gage that changed the speed at which we were able to help him.

How did it make me a better caregiver? I listened more and deeply. One of the best pieces of advice you gave me - which I am writing about right now - was to make sure Gage knew he could count on us for life to move on, that we wouldn't hold his episodes against him. That we would be his safe place to land so he'd always want to land there.

I'm so sorry you've struggled so much as of late, as I always imagine you strong and fighting against it all! Thank you for your courage, your insight, your understanding and your bravery in sharing your story. Gage is a different kid because you helped me. Please keep in touch, you have my email.
Much love and peace your way.

Jean Grey said...

I'm sorry you are struggling so much right now. I hope you keep us posted on how you are doing.

Unknown said...

Praying for you Jen. You are often in my thoughts...and seeing a Subaru Forester always reminds me, of course.

It's so good to read a comment from Julia Roberts! You ARE "strong and fighting against it all!" Keep up the good fight, my dear Jen.

I appreciate you so much.

Love,

Michal

Unknown said...

Sending some love your way, dear friend!

I appreciate every word you're able to write.

Hugs, Michal

Unknown said...

Just checking in on you. Write when you can.

Love, Michal