Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Links

After doing something like re-programming my entire computer (ok, maybe not but I know so little about computers and I have spent several hours in the last day missing with html coding, and that has to count for SOMETHING), I have links. This was a whole process because this template doesn't support links and I wanted them and I didn't like the other templates and I tried to redesign one of my own, and couldn't get just a few things to quit annoying me, and finally I figured out how to patch them into this template. Sheesh.

Anyway, I wanted to explain what a few of the links are. PsychEducation is a huge site devoted to mainly bipolar II, but is relevalant for bipolar I as well. This is the site I was reading trying desperately to find something that would help me when I suddenly realized that nearly every word described me. There is a lot about medications as well as holistic treatments, along with a screening tool, information about communicating with doctors, and many others. Somehow I believe this is the page that I found a link which led me to the clinical trial I particpated in that allowed me to really begin to recover.

The free online book is just that. I mentioned it several posts ago. It is a free pdf. file about dealing with people who have bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. I wish I had this a few years ago for some of my friends. It's written by doctors who literally saved my life, and who I have infinite respect for.

Bipolar World is a place for bipolar patients to find information and support. They have support groups (which I've never personally found useful but that's a personal thing), question and answer sections, and what I find most valuable, a doctor question and answer section. This is written by the author of Psycheducation and I've found it a good place to ask things I wonder about but never get to ask my doctor.

Rxlist is a site to look up meds. It's technical, but a good place to find side effects and a lot of stuff the doctor may not think to tell you. For many years I had had such bad experiences that I refused to take any medication that I had not read extensively about. I trust my current doctor and no longer feel I need to second-guess her, but I do still read about any medication I take. I put this up because I mention meds a lot and this way if someone is interested they can easily find out more.

More links to come!

No comments: