Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Three Days Down

I made it through the week. I was so tired I went to bed the minute I got home on Friday, and took long naps the other two days, but since I've not exactly been a ball of energy for so long I guess that's ok.

I had an appointment with my psychiatrist today. She was really happy with how far I've come and with the fact that I'm sleeping for the first time in my life. She also told me that she's going to be changing jobs and won't be coming to the clinic I go to (to make this confusing, the clinic is in the City. She works in the BIG City. The City is an hour from Cow Pastureville; the BIG City is over 2 hours away). She is staying in the BIG City and so I can still see her (thank God, I don't think I could tolerate losing her), but the monthly visit is going to become a pain. On the other hand I'm really happy for her great opportunity, and this job will put me in the position of my doctor being someone "important". I imagine that may have benefits when it comes to getting new treatments. I just hope it doesn't change some of the more wonderful parts of being her patient.

Just so that it's been said, I'll do my very best to post but the next few weeks may not be my most vocal. I cannot believe how tired work makes me, and on top of work I have to do the basics like eat and have clean clothes and dishes and perform my daily hygiene (I really felt like giving up showers due to exhaustion this week) and go to counseling (which puts my arrival home for the day past my new bedtime) and everything else. I seem to feel much better even today so I assume this is going to pass quickly, but for the time being I have to do those things that keep me healthy first.

No comments: