Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Do-It-Yourself Mania Diagnosis

In my last post, about an hour ago, I said something about stripping wallpaper and how doing this may indicate mania. Well, I'm sure now. The ONLY time I can attend to something like that is a project inspired by mania. This one is ok so far, because it is something that does need done, I'm controlling the time spent on it, and it's not costing me sleep, but the manic feelings are there. It's so hard to stop because it FEELS SO GOOD. It's something I can control when my world is out of control. What's more, stripping wallpaper, I have found, is deeply satisying, like peeling sunburn. Ask me in 2 or 3 months how I feel, because hours of work have only uncovered about 8 inches of the bottom half of one wall. But the incentive is there: this room is to be my quiet place, my room that is soley devoted to relaxing. I can't wait.

No comments: