Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, March 23, 2009

Tis a small miracle

I'm still really sick. I went back to the dr. today and got a much stronger antibiotic, liquid gold (vicodin cough syrup that lets me SLEEP! and is the only cough syrup I can have), nasal spray, and a netti pot like thing. I have to say I was pretty skeptical about that, but if my doctor hands me something none medication-y as a freebie I certainly will try it. I LOVE that he isn't all prescriptions.

Anyway, I slept for 4 hours, woke up for more cough syrup and decided to do the sinus flush because I have to stay up for an hour after and I wanted supper too. I was scared because I tend to gag so easily, and I was afraid it would hurt. A few years ago I flew to Florida with a sinus infection and was told to use Afrin before the flight to clear things out. It did, but it was the most painful thing that has ever happened to me because this huge blob of gunk detached and came out and it hurt so badly we had to stop driving to the airport to get me hot tea to soothe things. But it was painless. Weird, but painless. And it did get some of the ick out.

And so for now I actually am breathing through my nose some for the first time in a week, and I just ate soup and TASTED it. I have not tasted more than a bite of anything in all this time. It wasn't exactly the way it is "supposed to be", but something beats everything tasting like nothing.

I may live after all. I even get to go back to work Wednesday. I didn't really intend to take a week off just after vacation....

No comments: