Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Anderson Cooper tries hearing voices

This video is really neat because of the level of dysfunction he shows when it is clearly not his baseline.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/06/09/ac-dnt-schizophrenia-simulator.cnn.html

Oddly it also made me realize how much more I used to hear voices than I knew.  I still do sometimes and I have to be careful not to talk back to them in public but watching him I kept thinking "but the worst part is that you get USED to it".  Which is horrible to think about because he struggles so much with simple tasks.

I'm glad they did this.  It wasn't really a schizophrenia simulation as they stated as it only really dealt with one symptom but it was still interesting.

No comments: