Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What happened next

So, any guesses what stressors just jumped into my life?

1)I was rear-ended on the way to work yesterday. My car and I are both fine and I feel very fortunate because I was hit pretty hard and nothing happened. My bumper must be made of rubber because that's twice I've been rear-ended in a year without repercussions. Nonetheless, S.T.R.E.S.S.

2)I can't be specific here but there were a few work changes that are stressing me out a bit. I've not even sorted out exactly what part of it all bugs me the most, and I'm really fighting to give a new situation enough time for it to work out.

On the other hand, I got my new SAD light today. I only ordered it 2 days ago so I'm amazed it's here. I got a new kind that uses only blue light (which is the effective frequency), which has the benefit of less time involved and a much, much smaller size. I'm very excited to try it out, even though I'm a bit scared that it could trigger manic symptoms. It's been so long since I felt that particular discomfort and I'd rather go through life never feeling it again.

Truthfully I'm wanting to play with it now and that's the worst possible idea. So I guess I'll go read the directions and be ready for the morning.

1 comment:

therapydoc said...

I was rear-ended in my mother-in-law's tiny Mazda by a Mac truck. The car was fine, I was fine (4 advil, right away, stretching). But it's not a good feeling, right?
Good luck with those lights.