Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Snow 1, Just Me 0

So shortly after my last post the power went out. And when it did it did so completely. Even the streetlights were out. I waited several hours (ok, I fell asleep) and then went into the next town for pizza and supplies, and to try to charge my cell phone in the car. I went to a couple of stores trying to find the paraffin stuff for my lamps (I think it's paraffin?). I didn't find it, but I did find an icy patch that I fell on. Hard. On the same side as my poor ankle. Which seems ok but jarred. I'm probably going to get it checked tomorrow regardless as it is a bit sore and it just shouldn't be. I ignored a minor ankle injury to get where I am now, so this one I won't. Mainly thought I took the fall on my hands and the side of my knee (naturally the one that already is torn up so that it has no protective cartilage.

I got home and at least the power is on. But then I opened my pizza and they put pepperoni on one. Pepperoni, a food that I can't have because of the MAOI. I pulled it off but can still taste it so I assume there's pepperoni juice contaminating it, so that pizza isn't being eaten.

Michal, your comments talked me down from throwing a huge pity party. My email won't let me answer you, but I will. Thank you. And on behalf of anyone who has spent time in a psych unit, thank you for your party. I was there for Halloween, a rather meaningless day, except that it was so odd to have it not be acknowledged in any way. And weekends on a psych unit are deadly boring. Boring beyond all belief or description... Boring enough I will never agree to go on a Friday unless I'm in danger.

Now, I suppose I should ice my ankle. Blagh.

No comments: