Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One thing


The last time I saw Anne she noticed my birthmark for the first time.  I gave a simple explanation and emailed my sister that questions would be forthcoming.  I showed Anne how she (and the other women in our family) have a mark on our faces that only shows when angry.  Yesterday she showed me a brown birthmark on her leg and asked what it was.  I told her it was a birthmark, kind of like Aunt Jen's but a different color.

When we took her to meet her mom one of her first statements was "Mama, birthmark on leg like Aunt Jen!".  She was excited to be like me.  And so I melted into a puddle and that's the real reason for not posting. In reality she has a few birthmarks of the same type as mine but she can't see them so my sister finding this on her leg and showing it to her is really awesome.  She's now noticed my ankle brace, birthmark, and tried to figure out my curly hair.  The big one, the mental illness, is yet to come but we've made that a fact in her life so I really hope it is just something she grows into.

She also called me to apologize for saying something she knew wasn't nice.  It took me forever to figure out that she was referring to a week ago when she was upset/scared by something and she remembered this, thought about it not being nice and told her Mama that she wasn't nice to me.  She was all worried about this.  And this is at age 2 years, no months.  She's going to a sensitive soul that one.  Life will hurt her but she will not hurt others.

I have never felt love like I feel for her and it keeps on growing.  Sometimes it seems my heart will explode because I love her so much.  Thank God for that and may my hysterectomy healing be fast so I don't lose too many weeks to my lifting restrictions and need to not be accidentally kicked in the belly.  The lifting restrictions are very high on my questions for pre-op.

Anyway, Anne is perfection in a size 3T.

And soon will come a post to tell you some things.  I lied a little earlier.  I have things I don't want to talk about, 2 things that I think are memories but are weird.  Both make me feel a little sick.

Copyright 2006 www.masterofirony.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, this is so sweet.

It's heartwarming and wonderful to read about the love shared between you and Anne! The relationship between you two is simply awesome.

I can't get over what a smart girl she is - isn't it also neat that she reminds you of "you"? Anne is special in many, MANY ways.

Things to tell? In your own time and in your own way. I hope you are doing well and feeling good. Kudos to you for physically, as well as mentally, preparing for surgery.

I hope these days have been happy ones for you.

May God's Blessings shine down upon you,

Becky