Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quickly

  • Christmas wasn't my best. I had trouble with noise and actually had to go lay down between dinner and presents rather than help clean like always.
  • My brother made the most insenstive comments of the year. I get angry when I hear people make comments about "oh, that's just so-and-so, off her meds" as a joke. I take antipsychotics and those are the referenced meds and I AM "crazy" without them and I don't find it funny. Maybe if they were easier drugs to handle, but they aren't and taking them means constant side effects and impact on my entire life/health. My mom didn't hear it; she says she would have shut him up, but it hurt. It's not like he doesn't know I take antipsychotics. I quit reading blogs if the blogger makes these jokes and have given up several favorite blogs over it. I wish I could quit relatives.
  • I had to email my doctor for lab orders. It's a bit odd that I know precisely what needs done, but something is going on. I'm drinking 3 times what I was, peeing constantly, and becoming very clumsy. So far this evening I slammed my fist in the car door (blinding pain), twisted my ankle rather hard just walking, and burned myself on the stove.
  • I just tested positive for ANOTHER UTI. I know I was clear between because I tested a few weeks ago and was negative. Dr. Brain thinks they may be a side effect of my tricyclic (read: old) antidepressant causing urinary retention. I'm going to have to hope my doctor will prescribe some antibiotics without seeing me. Or I'll go to urgent care. That's probably the better plan, actually since I can't see Dr. Body until the 8th. I may need to do that as well, but we'll figure that out.
  • I don't want to see him the 8th because I already have the gynecologist (a terribly stressful thing for me, even though she is supposed to be skilled with trauma patients) and Dr. Mind that day. But the 15th is worse because I have the dentist, Dr. Mind, and it's my birthday. So it's lesser of 2 evils time. I suspect I really need to see Dr. Kidney, who I'm not supposed to see until April.
  • I really should change my sheets. But I'm going to be a sloth and sleep in them one more night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))

I don't know what else to do.

Cranky Amy said...

"I wish I could quit relatives."

AMEN!!! I think most of us have that feeling around the holidays. I'm glad I'm through them and home again, back to my regular routine. I was really dreading the holidays this year, but it was the first time my dad forgot my birthday and IT DIDN'T BOTHER ME. God bless therapy.