Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, January 12, 2009

Mondays

I hate that old song about "manic Mondays". I don't really like anything where manic is a descriptor of something other than illness. Somehow it takes away from how truly horrible mania feels to have it be a word in regular language. I don't know why; I'm allowed to be irrational sometimes. I think.

Today was supposed to be better. I woke better and got in my light time, something I've not been great at lately. The drive was bad though; very icy and slippery. Then I got stressed about something at work; essentially someone decided to try to get me in trouble. I could easily prove I didn't do anything wrong, but I'm mad. It's part of being a supervisor, I know this, people watch and sometimes resent. And what they decided I was doing wrong was really my saying something that was in a supervisory context taken out of that. My anger is just that I'm insulted that someone might even think I'd take advantage of someone else in order to not do my job. I work HARD. Just because I start late doesn't mean I don't. I don't get why someone starting really early is a hard worker, but I'm lazy for starting late. Or because I only work 32 hours but don't have kids. It's fine to be low-hour fulltime if you've got kids. If it's for personal reasons it's not ok and that's very unfair.

And I also had the frightening bank balance staring at me today of : $0.00..... I don't get paid until Friday. I have around $100 of change that I'll cash in tomorrow morning, but basically since that will be too little actually spend I'm living on about $11. I think. Good thing I drink water and got my meds refilled.....I'll have to charge Dr. Mind. Ick.

No comments: