Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

more bad news

I was sure that Dr. Brain told me 4/8 was my next appointment.  Today I happened to sign into the computer system to see if my surgery schedule etc. was listed.  One pre-op was listed, but so was my Dr. Brain appt., on 4/23.  I assumed she was still back at work but just moved the Saturday.  I emailed her, praying to not get an auto-response.  I was pretty honest about how bad I feel.  No autoresponse for a few minutes and I actually relaxed.  Just in time for an auto-response that says she won't be back until next week and won't check messages.  I know she often says that but does check for people like me.  But I have no idea if that's true while she's sick, esp. since she's extended her leave which is a sign her surgery was more complex or painful than she hoped for.  Regardless, apparently I'm out of luck as I seriously doubt she'll get the message next week; she'll have so many she'll have to just pitch them and try again.Which leaves me in a not great place and without her help for longer.  In fact it means I'll go 2 months between visits which is totally unheard of.  It also means undoing a bunch of things I'd planned which stinks.

I'll be hiding somewhere......

2 comments:

Michal Ann said...

You won't be hiding...although it stinks that you're facing another disappointment. I know you can only do this one day...one hour at a time. Grab hold of all the peace you can and hold tight to every positive thought.

I offer these verses to encourage you…AND ME. I can never hear them enough!

Philippians 4:5-9 (New King James Version)

“Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Meditate on These Things

“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.”

Yes, the God of peace be with us.

Anonymous said...

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat...
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
And then, try to picture that you are safe in the palm of His hand.

"Be anxious for nothing" - beautiful !

B.