Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Much needed

I heard from Dr. Body today and got much needed news.  First his baby has come home, so huge praises for that.

Second, he found a pulmonologist at least willing to give ideas, actually lots of them.  I do not have to do oral steroids. I'm adding an inhaled steroid to my other breathing meds.  I may have psych effects from that but truthfully at this point I'm not sure it will even be evident.  I think that puts me at more meds for asthma than for bipolar...I am also going to have a blood test done that will determine if I have a certain allergic response that contributes to the asthma.  If I do, and if one obstacle with my MAOI can be cleared, I will start shots for asthma.  They aren't allergy shots, they actually block the chemical that overreacts and causes the attacks.  I never thought I'd be excited to face a shot every 2-4 weeks but I am thrilled.  This is the treatment I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was hoping might work as it  does not have mood related side effects and shouldn't interact with anything else.  And my vacation is safe; he actually wants to find out what happens  when the environment is different.  So, the beach and the rest/relaxation I need so much is safe.  And the good news, if you can call it that, is that if I wind up in the psych unit right now it would be impossible to know if it even had anything to do with asthma meds.  I guess there is one small benefit to this stupid mixed episode, I'm bad enough to know that if I get a lot worse I'm going to be inpatient, and if the steroids trigger that the truth is that I won't even know for sure it's the steroids versus me getting worse.  Which is good because it will mean not immediately eliminating steroids.

So tonight I am a tiny bit less hopeless.  I'm exhausted and can't wait for tomorrow to be over, but it helped to get positive news of anything finally.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Praising God with you and for you! That's a LOT of good news. Whew! I love B's last comment!!

This is a verse I've been re-reading a lot lately:

"May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, Who has loved us and given us everlasting comfort and hope which we don't deserve, comfort your hearts with all comfort and help you in every good thing you say and do." II Thessalonians 2: 16-17