Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

One of THOSE days

There are rare, maybe once every year or two, days that working in the nursing home means that I drive home, go inside, strip, and shower until all the skin I had has been replaced. Today was one of those.

As I mentioned a few days ago, each of my facilities has had an illness and I got to have some of both. I'm feeling about 10% better today but where I was the residents sure weren't. Stomach flu everywhere. Nobody leaving rooms, no activities, and it was dead quiet. Nursing home quarantine is a weird thing.

I wound up with a reduced caseload so I left way early. Conveniently, since I had to get some labs done for the diabetes insipidus thing. More on that later.

I am now going to bed. I can't believe how tired I am.

But it is OVER. I am officially not-really-employed for the next 5 days!!!!!!

No comments: