Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time for some definitions

I have now worked 38 hours this week and have at least 3 more tomorrow to finish. I'm supposedly a 36 hour employee, so this is a lot. I'm exhausted. But the state visit is over and after tomorrow I'll have done 10 evaluations along with treatments out my ears, so that's fair. 10 admissions is a LOT for one week.

One of the days that I was struggling I had an issue with an assistant overstepping boundaries. I didn't know if it was her or the manager, so I left a note for the manager. For whatever reason the other manager picked this up and talked to me about it, agreeing with me but not doing anything. That was Wednesday.

Today I had a call from her about clarifying something from that note. At the bottom I had written that I didn't want to say anything until I checked with her because I was very tired and grumpy. She wanted to know what I meant. Well, I meant I had worked 24 hours in 2 days. I had not gotten much sleep. I was frustrated.

We're going to have to talk about how if I'm feeling bipolarish I'll say "I'm having a bipolar moment and can't handle this". I am not sure why this isn't obvious; I've said I'll be honest and I'd think anyone would be in a bad mood given the circumstances I was operating under.

And did she actually DO anything? No way. Figures.

1 comment:

BipolarLawyerCook said...

Gah. Glad your week is over, hope you got some good rest in.