Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wormie Wednesday (aka Thursday morning)

Wednesday is worm feeding day around here.  And because you wind up feeling like these worms are pets (they are, after all, totally dependent on my haphazard because I have no idea what I'm doing) care.  Today I have pride and sadness. And confusion.

The pride is that all the food from last week is gone.  It wasn't just 2 days ago when I checked and I thought I had overfed from the beginning.  Also, the worms on top look great.  I also got rid of the few insects I had (normal, not as bad as it sounds).

My bottom worms aren't doing so well.  I don't know what is going on but I've killed a bunch and there aren't many there.  this may mean they are just done with that bin since it started as compost mainly anyway.  I'm hoping this is true and emptying it this weekend and moving what's there up and starting over.  It's just so sad to kill them.  I still have hundreds, but there are a lot no longer with us.  And worms though they are, they are my responsibility.....

Anyway, gotta get ready for work.  Fast, fast day today as I've got a dr. appointment and the weather is supposed to get bad going toward the dr.

Yippee.

1 comment:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Found a quote about whooping cough calling it the 100 day cough. Wow. And know you are a worm wrangler! Maybe some of them were just at the end of their life cycle - I have no idea how long they live, do you???