Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Now comes the first hard part

I should say the first immediate hard part. Nervous energy has propelled me through a long day. I had to take my cats to the vet to get shots and be boarded. Anna once again is a kidney cat. There was some misinterpretation of her last labs. It's not bad, in fact she's handling it as well as you could hope, and I never stopped thinking of her as a kidney cat since she acted like one. But she is doing AWESOME. I got a whole pound back on her, which is 13% of her body weight. She looks healthy and isn't even on anxiety meds right now. Noah buried himself in blankets on the way down so that I had to look hard to even find him. He's healthy and fat. Really he's not that fat, he just gets to eat a lot more than he would if Anna didn't need a smorgasboard. Which has improved so I can't complain. I can't even begin to tell you everything I've done the last few days. I've scrubbed walls, the top of the refrigerator, the kitchen, the bathroom. I took down the pretty shower curtain and the plastic one today and washed the pretty one and soaked the other in bleach and wiped it off (it's a neat plastic that is really think and truly lets you wipe stuff off. The bleach as just a can't hurt type of thing. I even re-hung them and I HATE that job. I've cleaned my room except for the top of the dresser and vaccuuming. I've washed load after load of clothes, blankets and sheets. I've scrubbed the fridget. The problem is that I do not really have the energy for this. I'm so tired but also don't want to stop moving. And that's important because of logistics. I'm staying at my mom's so she doesn't have to leave even earlier to get me. My hope is to take pills mid-afternoon and then sleep until 11:30, have a snack and then I'll be shocked if I get back to sleep. We have to leave at 3. I have to shower in the evening and right before I go with some special soap. I check in at 5:30 (and will probably be early since there won't be too much traffic then but this gives us time for me to get lost). I can't remember if I said this but I don't know when I'll be released. Nobody has said this but I think they've decided to be sure that the hormonal effects of this go ok and that I am not clearly messed up by the procedure. My guess is that a medical reason to stay will happen and that this is to hopefully keep me out of psych while first healing if my hormones do flip out. Again, nobody has said this but I hear hints of it in voices. My burned arm is now matched by my bruised on. I put a plastic bag of cat food over my arm last night and bruised badly. A few inches up are my labwork bruises. My labs were ok but a little low; I'm guessing I found where signs of anemia start to show up for me. And now I'm going to trying to be sure my Nook and phone get packed. I'll post tomorrow if I can and then when I'm home. I can text Michal and she may be able to put a comment up but it depends on her computer problems and my grogginess. Don't worry if that doesn't happen. Many things go into my reaching things like my phone and I don't know when I'll be independently mobile. For the most part I'll be alone; this is partly because it's hard for me to sleep while my mom struggles to sit still and also because it's just easier for her to not come back until it's time to go home. She still doesn't get some things. Instead of my sister finding another sitter for my niece this week on the days she covers she's going to have my neice at her house. Which means if I don't come home until that day the poor kid I assume will be dragged from parking garage to my room, spend time there, to a pharmacy, back to the parking garage, drive around to where I'll be, and then spend 2.5 hours more in the car. Brilliant idea but I am not pointing it out. I know she feels responsible for my niece but she has determined in her mind that I'll be fine immediately. She's going to learn a tough lesson since a milk jug is all I can lift for weeks. So the laundry chain alone needs assistance and I don't have enough close for that to be delayed. Another I suspect is that they are going to try to get me through the point where my ovaries scream "WHAT?????????" and turn off for a few days. Nobody wants that for me but it happens. i don't know what losing my tubes does to increase that risk but I am losing the tubes. Oh well, I think the washer just stopped. And i need a shower. Badly. Copyright 2006 www.masterofirony.blogspot.com


Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Jen.

WOW - awesome job preparing for the surgery! I think it's excellent that you poured your stress and excess energy into accomplishing a LOT! How nice it will be to have a clean house when you come home - clean and fresh sheets, tidied rooms - all those good smells of a clean house! Not to mention meals in the freezer waiting for you. I hope you pat yourself on the back many, many times for doing all of this. And I hope it increases your comfort and healing by 100 when you come home! I am SO impressed.

I will certainly be sending prayers your way tomorrow for all involved - doctors, nurses, and of course YOU. And I hope you are able to return home SOON and be reunited with Anna and Noah.

You've had to wait for this for a long, long time. Ugh. I personally hate waiting/it makes me stressed. But now the day is here and let it be a simple surgery and recovery for you. As simple as it can be anyway!

God Bless you and keep you, Jen.


Michal Ann said...

I'm writing from the library as it's probably going to be another day til I get my computer back. Hopefully it will be healed and won't waste so much of my time being balky.

I've been praying for you, of course, and look forward to the Rainbow Report ASAP. Yes, if you text me I will make every effort to post a comment as your update.

Michal Ann said...

Weird. The comment box maxed out. It never does that unless I write a book. You will continue to be in my prayers.

So cute your kitty is Noah, my rainbow friend. I'm very happy to hear about relatively healthy kitties. You've outdone yourself spiffing up the house..bleached shower curtain and all. I, too, am ultra-impressed with all you've put in place to make this process as smooth as possible. Odd that your mom didn't follow through with alternate childcare plans (which really were your sister's responsibility). It HAS to work out anyway!

Love, Michal