Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Mark it with an X

Today marked 2 years since I worked. Last year I had a really rough time on this day. This time was easier. I guess I'm more used to this reality and I really had a fairly busy day, mostly because I had a migraine that knocked me out for a while and then I still had to go to the storage unit, pull green beans and then pull the beans off the plants. Those things kept me well-occupied. I did do something I've been putting off for a long time: I hid my facebook friends who I knew through work. I didn't have anything in common with them anymore and it just made me sad to see them talking about things I can't be part of. I'll miss them. Facebook is going to be pretty boring now. But it was time to let go and since I had the courage to do this today it was time. Tomorrow I'm taking Anne to the fair. I have to do her quiet time/nap, so please pray for me. This is often tantrum time rather than quiet time. I'm hoping the incentive of a treat will help. I want to get there by 3 because she gets in free. This fair stupidly doesn't charge by the age so unless you get in by 3 tomorrow you have to pay an adult's fare for a 3 year old. I'll do it because it will be fun and gives her a treat and her mom some time to hopefully relax with her feet up but it's ridiculous. I'm hoping to fall asleep nice and early tonight. My migraine seems to have responded to meds the first time (perhaps Topamax is doing something???????) and I am kind of tired so maybe. It'd be really good since I need to get up and give the puppy time out of his crate before I go since he'll be in there a pretty long time tomorrow. Copyright 2006 www.masterofirony.blogspot.com

No comments: