Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, August 30, 2013

Rough

I thought I had learned how hard life can be in the last 2 years.  I was wrong.  Waiting to see if a newborn you love, part of a family you love who are all hurting, that is the hardest thing.

For a while today we thought she was having an MRI and then surgery tomorrow.  Now it is just an MRI and 8 hours of observation after anesthesia.  Presumably a surgeon will talk to them at that point and we'll know more about what is happening.  It probably is surgery and probably soon but that's assuming the most likely diagnosis is true.

It's hard to wait and it's hard to be patient when people want to believe that the doctor simply neglected to mention "it's all ok and nothing else happens".  I don't think that's very likely, both from reading a lot of radiology reports and because I'm reading over and over that an ultrasound cleared the child.  I haven't yet seen a case sent for an MRI that there wasn't something.  Plus the dr. never mentioned "it's all fine" when my sister asked for a list of best and worst possibilities.  I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't if it were possible.

So we wait.  This is so hard and being tough for Anne is also tough.

Prayers for strength for everyone are appreciated.

No comments: