Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July

Didn't think that through so well....My town is one of those that spends tens of thousands of dollars on fireworks and attracts people from hours away to our display. As I understand it, during fireworks there are more out-of-towners than residents of Cow Pastureville here and it takes hours to empty out. Fortunately I have a great view from my patio. Normally this is fun.

This year I have been getting increasingly stressed as people play with firecrackers. Yet it didn't occur to me what this day would be like. Just to get through the last 2 hours has taken a double dose of ativan, an hour plus in my gross, smelly but nearly soundproof basement, and earplugs.

And I am still so jumpy it's probably externally visible. I think I have about 10 more pops in me before someone eats a firecracker....(not really)

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Sure, read everything you'd like. It's not always easy going though. My days aren't always um, even!