Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'm Back

Where have I been? Sleeping! All of a sudden my body tricked itself into thinking about sleeping. So I've been working on pushing towards a normal sleep-wake pattern. Which is almost a joke if you know what mine has been like for years, but right now it is extremely exciting. So that means I'm really trying hard to stay physically busy so I am more tired. Today I've been moving furniture all day.

The happy news is that I'm back to being pretty close to myself. Still tired, and changed in ways I don't know the permanence of, a little more realistic about my life maybe, but I'm smiling and laughing and having fun again. I'm being sarcastic, which is a major part of who I am. I'm missing my patients and anxious to see if anyone remembers me. I didn't say goodbye to so many people because I really thought I would be back in 2 weeks. That was 3 months ago.

I need to go set up to take my meds. I need a snack that appeals. Somehow I keep not buying snack food that I like. I think I'm not used to eating that many snacks at home because when I'm working I don't. But with this heat I've been wanting and needing salt, and I am just not good at picking salty snacks. But it is SO nice now that my night snack with my pills is just "food to eat with pills" and is no longer "food to eat with pills/BRIBE to swallow them" because then it had to be something I really liked. Now I mainly stick to string cheese :).

No comments: