Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Three? Ha

I saw a headline several times today indicating that if 3 antidepressants don't work, more probably won't either.

I'm not sure why this is big news; I've known this factually for years. It's even known that this is a sign that further evaluation for bipolar disorder should be done. But, I just wonder what might have happened if someone had ever PAUSED when I hit 3. Let's see, excluding the first one that gave me a full body rash, that would be wellbutrin, and oh did I fail on that one. I felt terrible, was suicidal, and got worse by the day. (Ironically, the next thing that happens if I don't get my depression controlled is a trial of wellbutrin with moood stabilizers).

Overall, before I was diagnosed with bipolar I believe I had been on 11 antidepressants. When I told the expert doctor that during my evaluation he just laughed and said I didn't have to do that any more. Unfortunately that's not true, because I seem to need some form of antidepressant going along with my mood stabilizers (with a lot of control so they don't make me manic, which has happened, or stop working which also happens; I think we play with my antidepressant about 90% of the time), but if only I'd only tried 3......

No comments: