Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Do what you do

I am a Christian, so I pray. If you pray, please do. If you're not, I'm open to finger crossing, breath-holding, birthday candle wishes, whatever.

I still don't want to explain the situation at my almost finished job, but in part it has to do with I have major issues with my assistant and the company I work for has has a long history of hiring anyone they can get to do those jobs, then I am left in horrible positions because I'm legally responsible for someone who isn't someone I want any responsibility for whatsoever.

I have quite a bit of things I need to get done before I leave. My last day is next Thursday. I already put in a full day on Saturday and I'm worn out from that; I just can't handle that much extra. I had a plan to avoid extra work this week. Part of that plan included my having clearly informed my assistants that all work I needed to approve must be up to date by this Thursday. It also included having time to do only my job this week.

Just like every week the assistant has called off. This means I need to do my share of her job. She has not completed massive amounts of paperwork. I'm now going to be stuck working on Saturday, and to make it worse she'll be there and if she finds where I'm going to hide she'll harass me, which she does constantly because she doesn't listen nor read any communication I have. I spend a lot of time repeating myself with her, and I no longer have time.

I also have different people asking me to do other things, and it is all too much. I don't mind doing my job, and it does include handling situations, but I cannot handle all situations.

Plus I'm having some manic symptoms and that's not making this easier. It's making it easier for me to be much more assertive than normal, which is nice, and my anger has been expressed, and I've even been able to make supervisors aware that this situation is partially why I am leaving (I do not need the stress and I've reached my ethical limit), but I really don't need mood swings to worry about at this point.

So please, all forms of internet help are accepted in the next 8 days. Oh boy, I only have 8 days......

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts, prayers, hugs and crossed fingers hoping the next eight days go by fast!

-Stella