Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Some people still are good

I got a call from my manager today telling me not to worry about the worst of the chaos. There is a ton of stuff that should be my responsibility to finish that I can't finish thanks to my assistant not doing her part of it which must precede mine, and I've been in tears over how to handle this. Now I only need to worry about my own stuff. Thanks to the assistant of course it's not nearly as done as it should be, but I think I can manage it.

Oddly at this point the worst part is that a co-worker was pretty rude to me on Friday (not the assistant, she and I are pretty much not speaking), and I have hurt feelings and am very angry with her. She's always been like that, so I don't know why it suddenly got to me, but it did.

So at least I don't feel like I'm leaving on terrible terms even if things aren't done the way I wanted them to be. I just feel wrong leaving with a single thing not addressed, even though I know it's not my fault. Hyperresponsibility goes with my survival of the illness I think...

On a great note I just got new sneakers. Not the ones I wanted because they were out of my size, but that just made it easier to pick the ones on sale that I didn't want only because they are the same style that I have just worn out and I wanted a new look. I don't get a lot of choices because I have to wear wide widths and I'm really picky about support and comfort because I stand nearly all day every day. But I've needed new ones for quite a while and so I'm very excited.

Four more days....

No comments: