Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Next Lithium War

I increased my lithium dose after a careful discussion with my doctor last week. We only raised it by a tiny, tiny amount, but 3 days into it I had symptoms of toxicity again. Thankfully I caught it and asked if that was it or if I had flu and was freaking out. It was determined to be lithium, and now I'm letting it get out of my body by taking a low dose for a few days. I really, really could have skipped that and been happy. I guess I needed a reminder of how little what I want regarding lithium matters, but I was pretty sure i had it figured out.

I want to understand why having lithium toxicity 6 months ago makes me more susceptible now, even at a dose that is about half of what I used to take. I just don't get it.

Lithium is such a friend, such a lifesaver, and it scares my socks off....

No comments: