Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Anxiety

Two weeks ago today I stopped taking the drug that I had been on longest, Ativan. It wasn't working well at controlling anxiety during the day without sedating me and anxiety was obviously becoming more and more of an issue.

The last few days I'm realizing that I am pleasantly less anxious lately. It's still there and I'm not really sure that the med I'm using for the moment (atarax) is going to be my long-term choice, but I'm also finding I am so much more functional when I'm less anxious. I'd gotten so used to horrible anxiety I didn't realize how bad it was. I'm starting to move on with my life in areas I've been stuck for a long time.

This weekend I am blissfully enjoying quiet and being home. I'm loving being alone at last. And it's actually cool enough I can have the windows open. Joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*happy dance*
Yay for being less anxious!! I've been doing really well lately although I haven't written much/enough about it.