Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Time

I remember last year when I was the worst of the lithium toxicity and concurrent horrible mixed episode that I had a really hard time keeping track of time. There was no firm concept of month or day, so that I had to struggle to keep track of appointments and things that had happened 2 months ago could seem more distant than things of 5 months ago and many things from the past several years seemed to have occurred within some haziness of time that required me to search through my mind for context, then to figure out when that event occurred. So if someone asked me what year my car was I had to think "ok, my first car was a 2001. Let's see, I had it until I bought my house. When did I buy the house? (for some reason I never remember that). That was the year I got such and such job, and my hire date for that was April 2003, so I must have moved here in Aug. 2003. I bought the car in January, and I know that's right because I remember I was working in such and such facility at that time."

Today someone asked me what year my car was and I had to go through that whole scenario. I guess I need to add this time thing to my examples of what manic thinking is like.

No comments: