Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, March 03, 2008

The end result

I turned in my urine sample this morning. All in all I didn't do it right so I really missed a few hours. The total was 3250 mL.

Normal people collect 700 to 2000 mL per day. Diabetes insipidus patients collect 3-15 L. That puts me in the lower range, but I doubt I'll hear good news based on this test. I think if it shows good concentration of electrolytes I'll come out ok, but I am pretty sure that won't happen since it hasn't happened in numerous tests. Plus, the day that this was initially diagnosed I wasn't thinking in any way about how much I peed. I hadn't been drinking any special amount; if anything I had had LESS to drink because of where I was working. So I did nothing to affect the results unconsciously. I always doubt myself about this kind of thing, mainly because my father was pretty mean about it. This one I don't think there is much chance of my affecting anything.

I called the doctor about the blood issue from Friday. I didn't hear back. Hopefully that means all is well, instead of he's just waiting for the test results.

I'm also completely stressed because my doctor has been working with a specific nephrologist and it turns out that this is NOT the nephrologist I've been scheduled to see. The nurse said not to worry, but I am because I know that the one my doctor has been talking to has agreed to work with my lithium and has heard the whole thing about I will be faithful with meds, etc.

Anyway, I'm worn out. I did paperwork for 6 solid hours today. I'm off Thursday as per usual and at a training 2 1/2 hours from her Friday, then I have to travel a long, long way from there to the Big City for an appointment with Dr. Mind. I've not really had supper. And my cat litter MUST be changed. Now.

No comments: