Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, August 15, 2008

Please pray for this family

One of the friendships I have made through blogging was with a man named Jon, whose blog is www.livingbipolar.blogspot.com . Jon and I connected some time ago, when I was on disability (don't know which time) and I really enjoyed our discussions. Eventually I was working and transitioning to this new job and not reading as much, and at the same time Jon first became ill and was unable to blog for some time and then decided to give up blogging for the time being.

Jon not only lives with bipolar, he is a parent to a young adult son with bipolar, Kyle. Kyle briefly wrote his own story, but never got beyond the beginning. It is still available at www.manicrepressive.com . It was very obvious that he was a special person from his mere two posts.

Kyle died yesterday. I don't know the circumstances, other than it was an accident at home.

My heart is breaking for this family. Having an awful illness yourself is plenty; having your child also suffer from it is much worse. Losing that child is far beyond worse.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. When I got an email with the subject "Kyle" I somehow automatically assumed it was good news. This is instead the worst news possible.

I don't know what to say.

No comments: