Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, August 18, 2008

When I make a mistake I do it right

Saturday I switched to extended release Seroquel. This is newly released and I'd read that it might decrease daytime drowsiness in people on high dose Seroquel, which is definetely me.

The trick was that on regular release I took 3 pills and on this formula I only need 2. My doctor reminded me several times to be careful of that. So what did I do? Took 3 pills. I know I did last night and i think I did the night before too.

Turns out that if you take more than is even approved you'll be EXTREMELY sleepy. I've been awake about an hour since 11 pm last night.

I'm fine, I just don't have the ability to stay awake. Needless to say today was a sick day.

Good times....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Richard Elmore and i would like to show you my personal experience with Seroquel.

I am 17 years old. Have been on Seroquel for 1.5 years now. I am currently trying to come off it, but my anexiety has been through the roof, and even 2mg of extended release xanax isnt working

I have experienced some of these side effects-
the biggest one is weight gain, i have to take at least 600mg at bed time for it to work.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Richard Elmore

seroquel said...

i recently started taking seroquel. for years I had racing thoughts, inability to sleep (sometimes as little as 3-4 hours for days), my mood was that of a ticking time bomb. My family did not know when I would have a mood swing. Worse than that, neither did I! I find that with seroquel I am able to think rationally and act appropriately. Without it, I have had a LOT of trouble with impulsive behavior that has caused an immense amount of grief and struggle for my family.