Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, November 20, 2006

Achievements

Big things are happening......it's hard for me to talk about them because after years of starting to feel better only to have your moods change in minutes you tend to become fearful that getting excited will tip the balance away. This time though I'm trying really hard to assume that the upswing is going to last a while. I am certainly due, and the last time this happened like this it did last a few months.

So.....I'll share. It started with suddenly finding I could watch a movie about a month ago. It had been a couple years since I'd done that, so this was a big deal. This weekend I was actually able to watch a football game from beginning to end, which is an even bigger deal because of the multiple stimuli, the length, and the intensity. Doing that was a huge deal, not because football matters so much, but because being able to do something so normal as watch it matters.

Also, today was the 5th week in a row that I have seen my psychologist only once. That's an enormous change from the twice a week pattern of the entire rest of this year.

And it was the third week that his note started with "doing well". And since the week before that I was off meds and out of control, this is a huge contrast.

So, superstitions about saying this aside (and this is one of my two superstitions I hold tightly, the other being what any healthcare worker can tell you is true about behavior changes with the full moon), I'm doing well!

No comments: