Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, November 03, 2006

So that's the problem

As regular readers probably know, my career is governed by productivity. Currently 85% of what I do is supposed to be billable. This number keeps going up at an alarming rate while companies push us harder and harder to meet or exceed it. It leaves little to no time for paperwork, screening people to see if they need therapy, driving between buildings (I'm penalized for this), etc.

I try and try but can't meet this standard and I find it exhausting. I also get so frustrated because it keeps me from doing things that I feel are necessary for good patient care.

But just now I figured out the real problem. I'm allowed 108 nonproductive minutes in my day. (Keep in mind I have probably 2 hours of paperwork). Thirty minutes are taken by driving. And I just realized how I spend another 30-40 minutes/day.....Lithium makes me pee. A lot. If you say a bathroom trip including walking to and from and getting a drink on the way is 3-5 minutes, I'm using nearly half my "free" time to pee.

Now I KNOW this should be accomodated.

No comments: