Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanks

I simply have too much to be thankful to list it all today. But so much is starting to be so good, and so much that is good has happened over the last year that it seems wrong to let it go without saying. My metamorphasis into the "real me" who I only get to be a minority of my life has come at just the right time to allow so much appreciation of this season. I'm so grateful to be alive, to be able to laugh, to have eaten a holiday meal, to feel so well for the first time in so long. I'm so glad my prayers that fear of what will eventually happen to feeling good are being answered, and I am able to stay present in this moment and enjoy. I'm grateful that I have not vomited in 6 months and 12 days, the longest time by far since I was diagnosed. I'm grateful for my wonderful new job, where I'm learning what it feels like when *I* count, not just how much money I make counts. I'm grateful for the people in my life who make it possible for me to live the life I do, and this includes you if you're reading. You have no idea how much you readers mean, for reasons I'm not even sure of. Each of the 802 times someone has come to this blog, even if it was accidental or for 1 second, has made me feel like someone knew I existed. In a year that didn't always feel true at all, it has meant a lot.

Rather than reading my further thoughts on thanks, think of your own. I'm pretty sure if I can be thankful for some of what has happened to me lately then there is hope for us all.

No comments: