Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, May 28, 2007

The compliance challenge 2007

I have an idea. Sarah and I have talked a bunch of times about med compliance, and I've written a lot recently about how hard it is to be compliant when the meds don't work well.

I'm compliant, albeit angrily at times, with both meds and therapy. I fight the therapist sometimes, but I do what he says. I can't even remember the last time I missed a single pill; I think it has been months.

But I have things that I don't do that I should too that would make my life better and which are very important. It is important to me that I read the Bible daily. For a long time I couldn't because it was beyond my ability to understand and pay attention. Finally I bought a children's version that is for 3-5 year olds and it is within my cognitive abilities. (this scares me).

The thing is that too often I put it aside. It's hard for me to read that baby Bible even though I know God doesn't care if it's a baby Bible or not and that it says the same things.

So I'm hereby naming June compliance month at this blog. The goal is to read my baby Bible 10 minutes each day. I will be giving myself one point each day I succeed. If at the end of each week I have 5 points I will get an ice cream cone. If I have 28 points at the end of the month I will have a banana split and there is a place in Cow Pastureville that makes the BEST banana splits ever.

I'm inviting you to join in. You can do so as a support thing or alone. If you're going to participate answer in the comments section what your goal is. Each week (June 8, 15, 22, 29) we'll have a report day. If you want blog publicity I will also list "Team Compliance" members who choose to participate in a post.

No comments: