Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Good times abound

I read somewhere that an unusual side effect of depakote is an increased occurence of upper respiratory infections. I don't know if that's true, but I never got sick until the last few years. Now I'm hacking my head off at least 4 times/year. The only thing is that I work with a lot of germs. I catch things my co-workers don't, but my body is under more constant stress.

Once I get sick I pretty much can't take anything. Tylenol, which is useless. Claritin, which has a questionable effect, as does nasal spray. I have a prescription for Vicodin to use with severe coughing; tonight that is coming out because I'm coughing so hard it's gagging me.

I feel terrible. I want nothing more than to sleep for several days and I can't sleep because I have to be upright to breathe.

But it is a happy day because I am going to see the psychiatrist and I can beg to be allowed a few does of something more effective than hot tea at cleaning out my lungs.

Darn germy patients (and this time I know exactly which one....:)

No comments: