Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, February 06, 2012

another step complete

I made it through the phone thing only crying a few times.  I was quite frustrated to learn that my mother loaning me money counts as income and so I won't be getting SSI.  She said it wouldn't come through for a while (or it is a supplement to SSDI?) or something so I guess that's ok.  This is just a tough process.  I was just hoping for the extra money.  She had me add diagnoses that are less relevant saying everything should be there.  She had me fill in a few blanks from the application that I didn't realize were there.  And she did something that Dr. Brain said was a good thing--she put the start of disability date as the first day I couldn't work, back in August. That means I'll be eligible for Medicare in 08/2013.   The sooner the better.  I'm trying to find a policy that is more affordable than COBRA and it's not going well.

Anyway, the disability stuff is way out of my hands now.  And there it will remain for a long time.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Darn! I just wrote you a note and lost is somehow. I usually hit "copy" before I leave this screen but wouldn't you know I forgot. I'm distracted...

I'm thrilled to hear that you have this huge step behind you! I hope you can take some very cleansing breaths and R-E-L-A-X for awhile.

Things went absolutely as well as could be expected, it seems. Your interviewer sounds thorough and professional. It's great that you're already 6 months into the Medicare wait. You can only do what you can do and you've done so much. Time to trust...which is hard, I know.

Well, time for another walk with the muscle flashcards! Today has flown by which isn't exactly a good thing when I have three tests tomorrow. I gave two massages in our student clinic today and received top marks...again. I even got two "plus" signs. I'm not bragging; I'm just thrilled to get the reinforcement that I'm on the right path. I know I have SO much to learn as far as attachments, deep tissue techniques, etc., etc. but people seem to be encouraged by my "healing" touch and my manner.

Off I go...with praise to God and a little extra spring in my step knowing you have a major hurdle behind you.

(((hugs))) Michal