Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, February 06, 2012

Well, that's it...see you in New Jersey

SSDI is a federal program managed by the states.  In theory use of the same criteria should mean consistent approval/rejection rates for the first application.  It doesn't.  Ohio is, of course, one of the harder states at 70% denial.  New Jersey, on the other hand, is only 50%.  As I understand it these rates are probably affected by people desperate for anything they can get applying when the economy is so very bad here, but some of it, I am sure, has to do with Ohio's jobless rate/poverty rate means that they are restricting people from overtaxing a very tight system.   My doctors have wanted me to move away from pollution.  I realize New Jersey isn't that, but surely it's worth it to get the benefits?

Interesting day.  Dr. Brain and Dr. Mind talked on the phone about me for quite a while.  I don't know what they discussed really aside from how to make me less depressed.  So now I am being pushed to resist the depression more.  It also appeared that they decided that he'll keep monitoring the suicidal stuff and reminding me how and when to get help and that if I do this I should stay home.

Mostly though I am now 100% sure everyone is on board with the stopping working thing.


1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

I'd say your odds are 100% that you need to stay near your wonderful team and your family! Move to New Jersey? Nah!!

Whew! I managed to survive three finals today. I'm sure I passed and perhaps did as well on the written as I did on the practical. I HATE the studying, especially the cramming but how else do you do it? I've walked miles with those flashcards and the lingo but how do you retain the minute details of attachments? I'm not a surgeon. I got soleus and fibularus longus for palpation. There were 30 muscles on the written and 15 of them were on the palpation test.

I whine on...

Hope today's been a day of clarity and some "down time" in the very best sense!

Blessings, dear Jen.

Here's "God Calling" for today:

Light Ahead


Trust and be not afraid. Life is full of wonder. Open child-trusting eyes to all I am doing for you. Fear not.

Only a few steps more and then My Power shall be seen and known. You are, yourselves, now walking in the tunnel-darkness. Soon, you yourselves shall be lights to guide feet that are afraid.

The cries of your sufferings have pierced even to the ears of God himself -- My Father in Heaven, your Father in Heaven. To hear, with God, is to answer. For only a cry from the heart, a cry to Divine Power to help human weakness, a trusting cry, ever reaches the Ear Divine.

Remember, trembling heart, that with God, to hear is to answer. Your prayers, and they have been many, are answered.

"Before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." Isaiah 65:24