Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Best Doctor Ever

I had a very long appointment with my psychiatrist today. We compared what we had said and done with the disability insurance provider (who I had a very good experience with just 2 years ago) and found out that they keep telling me that my doctor isn't sending information, and that they tell my doctor (if they say anything, because mostly they haven't indicated a problem to her, just not processed paperwork) that "the patient knows that a claim number must be indicated on all paperwork you submit". Now, that is sooooooo not true. Where I would be supposed to know that is beyond me. I know my claim number only from human resources at my company and was just given it yesterday. But funny enough, I called to GET my claim number days ago and was told I wasn't in the system and therefore didn't have a claim number, despite the claim having been submitted several weeks ago.

So she called them. They continued to throw blame around and not make sense, nor provide any answers. She got pretty mad at them and finally told them they need to realize they are creating so much additional stress that I will be on disability longer. Then she took the number to complain to my human resources department that this company is the worst she's ever dealt with.

I came home with more meds for stress and depression. I also came home feeling so much better because I have someone fighting this with me.

I'm exhausted, 4 hours of driving and a doctor's appointment that lasts over an hour is a big day for me, but for once I don't feel totally hopeless.

No comments: