Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Every day you want a little more

This insomnia is becoming all I think about. Last night I finally slept a lot. I slept about 15 hours, and apparently had only 1 wake-up period in there, according to my notes. I think that had to do with a phone call from my disability insurere and doesn't count.

Tonight is another story. Tonight so far the meds and sleepy time tea are not working. I just added a whopper sized bolster to my ativan dose. I feel a little lightheaded, but not really sleepy....

It was expected that the ambien that was added yesterday would not last long. I hope one day wasn't all I get...I think it will be ok, I had a very teary session with my psychologist and at one point thought I was going to share a panic attack with him. I think I sort of worked myself up for this one.

It's just so hard to remember this is not forever, and that even on Thursday of last week I wasn't complaining to him that I thought insomnia was killing me. I knew it was getting bad, but it wasn't until Thursday night that I knew I was in trouble.

But every day is more desperate for sleep, and for signs that that sleep will continue.

This part is so hard.

No comments: