Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Time for hibernation

I went out to Walmart and the (gulp) mall today. I needed 2 things at the mall. One was a winter coat and I had to think extra about the cost, so I actually went to the mall twice for very short periods. It was really crowded and very loud.

Walmart.....was incredibly awful. You couldn't move. I got a cart with a bad wheel and I can't even begin to guess how many people I nearly smushed. Again, so, so loud. I am pretty sure half the county was there.

I went with a list, which was good because it was so loud I would have gone into shutdown mode and just stood still, unable to remember what I needed. As it was I was quite effecient. However I had to get 5 prescriptions so I had to be there an hour.

I was so impressed with the pharmacist. After the mess I had with the pharmacist yelling at me about Depakote last month I was a little hesitant. When I picked it up the pharmacist there pulled me aside to make sure she wasn't giving me an overdose. THAT is a pharmacist doing her job. I intend to make both Walmart and Riteaid aware of this.

The good news is that I have completed all Christmas shopping that needs me to leave this house (I have one gift to get for the hardest person on earth) and even have 75% of my wrapping done. Unfortunately I've let myself leave the big packages for last and I'll be sorry. My wrapping skills aren't so great what with hand tremors.

But anyway, it all means that I can forget that Christmas is coming for the next few weeks. Which is probably a key to surviving it that I've never had before.

We'll see.

No comments: