Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ouchy-and the world's most irritating phrase

Switching to home health combined with the ankle and foot pain I went through for so long/ recent stress/depression/carbohydrate pigging out has led to weight gain between being less active.  I refuse to gain weight.  It also is contributing my crazy constipation issues, which I'm about to start a new med for on top of my double dose of Miralax.  At least there is something new that will be better than huge doses of 2 stool softeners plus tons of Miralax.  So my Wii Fit has now become more than a balance activity.  This morning I did 20 minutes of aerobic exercise.  Frankly it nearly killed me.  I am sore in muscles I did not remember having.  This is a very good thing, and I love that I can do one thing for 5 minutes, another for 10 if I want, and keep changing as I get bored.  Plus it always includes at least one thing for my ankle, more if I add them.  My goal is to work up to 30 minutes at least 5 days a week, even if they are divided times.

I'm not exactly hurting, just aware of where a lot of muscles hang out.  But in the last year I have experienced quite a bit of actual pain.  My foot is hurting tonight, for example, and my ankle lets me know about it if it rains or I step funny.  That's just part of life for me.  Or last night, I had a migraine for a while.

So this patient who I really do enjoy seeing and find interesting has landed on something that makes my teeth grind, preventative device or not.  Pain is a vital sign and therefore must always be assessed.  Instead of saying no, this patient asserts that God won't allow this person to have pain.    Which just makes me grind my poor broken teeth every time I hear it.  It feels like being told that because I experience physical/psychological pain that God loves me less.

I'd forgotten this aspect of home care-you're in their home so they feel more open about pushing their beliefs at you.  I left one home last week with a paper about how to become a Christian and a lecture about not going to church.  Because someone who met me 45 minutes ago knows how to judge?  It's ridiculous.  I just smile and ignore it, glad they have faith to gain strength by, but why must they judge me?

Anyway, I think I'm getting sleepy so I should stop typing.

We'll see what is interesting tomorrow.

No comments: