Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, August 02, 2010

huh.

Posting may be sparse this week as work is officially kicking my butt.  As in there is an official posting that nobody is write OT orders that are not dated next week starting today (not that this stopped someone from doing right underneath that), and I've been told several times that we'll be trying to interview assistants in the next week.  (Have I mentioned that I get to be part of that?  I am so very excited about this, as it has always seemed to make sense that if I am going to have an assistant that I should have some say in who they are and that they practice similarly to me, or at least in line with how I expect my assistants to be.  You know, like say NOT lying on their notes, assistants of 2008-2009...).  Anyway, I'm going to be seeing 1-3 people more than typical every day, and doing multiple evals each day and that is going to mean officially killing me.  Please join me in praying that my handyman can't come paint this weekend as I don't have time nor energy for getting the house ready and yet cannot make myself cancel on him for the 3rd week running.  I have to be up Saturday as my cat has to go to the vet.  She is 15, and I was told years ago that she had very early hypothyroidism.  Well, since she keeps waking me up in the night begging to eat (and not wanting her crunchies, which makes me think she has another broken tooth as this happened once before and THAT was a nightmare involving her being very sick after anesthesia and throwing up blood, the vet wanting me to bring her back ASAP, my running around trying to clean up blood and get her and I ready and slipping and spraining my ankle (THAT ankle).  So I'm sure I'll be out $150 or so, but I have got to SLEEP.  She gets hungry between 2-3, and I get up at 4, so when she does this it cuts my night way down.

As for the huh, I just realized that while trying to get my digestive tract unglued this weekend I gave up all vitamins and non-urgent psych/health meds, leaving me taking only Seroquel, Lithium (the main culprit in why my belly may explode), and my antibiotic (never thought I'd WISH for diarrhea from one of those things), although with lots of stuff to make my insides work. I took a Klonopin today for work, but I've only had that one since Friday, including at night and I've slept fine.  So I may have gone from needing more and more to suddenly being able to wean off, at least maybe down to a more reasonable 2 mg/day than 4.

Let's see, what else?  My head is spinning from everything I did today and everything I have to do by Friday. Who knows what is going to pop out?

There's been this rather neat little web of referrals between Dr. Mind, Dr. Brain, and Dr. Body.  Dr. Mind was so pleased a while back because he got a referral from Dr. Brain who told me the full story which I got to tell him, which was that she told the patient that he had done incredible things for her one patient (me) and that if he wasn't available to not see anyone else at the center (she knows some of them there as she was the psychiatrist there until she joined Big Hospital; that's how she became my doctor).    So that was pretty neat, for me as well as for him, because I love being the success story patient.  And because I love that he is getting praise for what he has done for me; it has been rather incredible.  (It's the team that has really been the best, but he's the day to day person in it).  Now Dr. Body is referring to Dr. Brain and suddenly was very interested when I mentioned where I go for counseling.  Turns out that when I innocently mentioned something about him to Dr. Mind that Dr. Mind and Dr. Body's father-in-law are very close friends.  How weird is that?  I met Dr. Body 5 years ago when he was in his first months in his first practice, a tiny one near my home.  I've continued to see him for since he moved north to the city a few years ago.  Dr. Mind came into play 4 years ago and knows that I have this incredibly supportive doctor who has gone above and beyond for me but we've never discussed who that is and all along there was a link.

I don't know what else.  My work computer is calling "finish something, finish something" and I know I need to be I am just sooooooooooooo tired.  But if I don't then I won't get them all done in the morning and then there will be more stress.  If I can just get 2 of the 5 or 6 ready to go then life gets much easier.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Go Jen! Thanks for all the info. God speed!

Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25