Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, July 06, 2008

The best laid plans of mice and men

Ok, so I don't exactly know the rest of the quote, but I know my plans in the last few days haven't been so easily completed.

I spent Saturday away from home to avoid fireworks and a generally noisy tiny town. I came home tonight to find my neighbors having a loud party, complete with music that feels like it is invading my head and a bonfire that is making my fully sealed up house smell like smoke and now I have a headache. Figures.

I had bought meat for a casserole I wanted to make to have for this week since I know I'll have limited meals. I didn't notice the 4 hour cook time in a slow oven. So the thing will actually be done at 12:09 AM. I also had to change the proportions a bit, and when I opened an extra can of tomatoes to add more sauce I didn't realize the can was dented and so I had to waste the actual tomatoes and just use juice.

And I lost my remote for the tv in my bedroom, the one vital to pill-taking. I think I may have thrown it away accidentally, along with a slipper (long story). I've been a bit distracted lately.....I bought a universal remote but it doesn't seem to work with my tv, which is a bizarre off-brand from a Black Friday sale years ago. My guess is that the chances of finding a new remote may not be great.

And Sarah, you sent your fruit flies to my house. You may come and get them at your convenience, although certainly within the next day would be appreciated.

No comments: