Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, July 04, 2008

What a change

A year makes a lot of difference. Last 4th of July I was in tears because the weather was hot and sunny (you know, summery) and I couldn't be outside to go to the town festival. I couldn't stand people setting off fireworks and wound up crying for most of a day. The year before we only had fireworks, but I wound up hiding in the basement for hours and needing a huge dose of sedatives because the noise upset me so much.

This year was cold and it rained most of the day. I got back to town about 8:30 from my mom's and realized I could go to the festival. It was cool and I had enough energy for a quick pass through. It wasn't much. I got an Italian sausage, the first I'd ever had which was ok. I would have bought a shirt but nobody was watching the booth. There were shirts sitting there, but nobody to pay and I didn't want to just leave my money on the table.

It took about 20 minutes to see it all. Now I'm trying to handle fireworks from the neighbors. I'm doing ok. Not fabulous, but I'm not jumping with every boom and I'm not crying.

Another sign of the miracle in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ... I *remember* that post, very clearly. We've known one another a long time, haven't we! Dang you're good about following me with all my changes! LOL

I'm glad that you're seeing such a change in a year - I am seeing one, too!