Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shhhhhhh

One of the things I've learned to do over time is to plan ahead for holidays and other events. Just because I'm working now doesn't mean I'll be able to pay for Christmas presents if I shop exclusively in November and December. So I'm already probably 50% done.

Last year I celebrated my mother's 60th birthday by having a major break. I started disability on her birthday. I don't remember that month as I was sleeping from Seroquel or not sleeping from symptoms. I doubt I even got her a present except for a severely manic me, and really that's NOT fun.

This year I wanted to do something special. What I really wanted was to do a mother's ring, but that just wouldn't have been pretty as our birthstones don't match well. Even playing around with added diamonds or other stones nothing makes them pretty. So I finally decided to commission someone through Etsy to make a charm bracelet with sea glass charms for each child. It also has tiny charms of sea creatures she has happy associations with.

I could tell the person I commissioned really got it, but I finally just saw it and it is so, so perfect. I cannot wait until mid-September.

Obviously my mother doesn't know about this blog. But just in case she'd wander into it, I won't link to the designer until the thing has been given to her. However, I can't say enough how much I love it. I'm never going to manage to contain myself for 6 weeks.

No comments: