Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, July 11, 2008

Starting to wake up. I think.

So this is my vacation week. I knew I wouldn't be doing much because it is summer and there are few to no activities that are very appropriate for me during the summer. I am so heat sensitive that I literally can get sick walking from a parking place to inside. In fact, I'm trying to get the courage together to ask to be allowed to park in visitor parking on really hot days to prevent this. But I didn't think I'd be THIS tired.

However, I made some planning errors. I felt bad leaving for vacation with my assistants having low caseloads so I busted my butt trying to get some patients. Tuesday (my last day) I worked almost 15 hours and did a record number of evals, plus some treatments. I got home around 3:30, unhappy because I was starved (first I tried chicken from Walmart-yuck, then late-night 24 hour McDonalds where I wound up with breakfast which I did not want) and tired. I slept all day Wednesday, a good bit yesterday and a good bit today. So, nothing is getting done but I need the rest.

Plus I found out Monday that my thyroid continues to be messed up. I got more medicine and will need bloodwork in 6 weeks. I knew it was, I can sort of separate that tired from my usual tired. But it will take a bit for the meds to work, so I feel justified resting a lot.

I guess that I'm finally learning to relax about fatigue interfering with my plans.

No comments: