Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, October 04, 2010

Don't Wanna

I don't want to work today.  This is what happens when I have to work on the weekend.  Monday comes and I'm not ready.  I'm tired.  I'm cold.  I have an early meeting followed by a boring phone conference and then negotiations for my new job.  (That I dread a lot; I hate that part). This means less visits get done.  And then this week is nuts anyway because I'm watching my mom's dogs Thursday and Friday, so I'll be running like crazy those days.  I ordered some shoes through Zappos that for some reason came as signature required so I have to make sure I leave work exactly on time Thursday to hit UPS to sign, but I have to first stop and let the dogs out, and then go see Dr. Mind, so I won't be home until 9 or so and then Friday I have to get home as soon as I can to let the dogs out again.  Saturday I go to see Dr. Brain, which is an all day thing.  Then I'll have Sunday to rest.  The following weekend I'll be gone all weekend at a training.  So I am going into today knowing it's the beginning of a long spell of being tired.

But that's ok.  I'll live and eventually I'll wake up enough to not be grumpy.  Don't know why I woke up grumpy today but I did, even at 4.  I made myself sleep more and still grumpy.

OK, time to see if I can avoid ironing.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Did you find a way to avoid the ironing?? :)

Wow! There's sure a lot you CAN'T avoid in the next couple weeks. You will NEED the new shoes for all the running around! You amaze me. PLEASE be extra mindful not to turn your ankle or fall in the rush of it all.

Oh, and about your body: Sounds like you're really craving calcium. Can you take a supplement?? Does my insight make sense? Your body may be trying to tell you to pack on the bone strength before true menopause. Peri-menopause can go on for years. I'm nearly 59 and not quite there yet!! I guess I'm holding down the opposite end of the range.

Blessings on you, my dear Jen. Daydream of your wonderful, upcoming and very well-deserved vacation. In the meantime, hold this thought:

"Cast your burden on the LORD and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22 NKJV

May love and strength be your portion these days!!

p.s. My comment with the scripture "confess...He is faithful...will cleanse..." got copied several times for some reason. Maybe God is speaking in the CLEAR LOUD VOICE I hear sometimes. He doesn't always talk to me in a "still small voice," for sure. Sometimes He gets out the megaphone to overcome my plugged ears! :)

(((((((((gentle hugs))))))))