Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, December 06, 2010

Again

I haven't stopped coughing since Saturday and I'm wheezing again and now clearly have sinus infection except I have no idea where it draining.  Maybe it's not and that's why it feels like my head is going to explode.  So I just did a lot of things to make my life feel worse than it is; I stayed home, meaning I don't get my comp day Thursday meaning I don't get to go see my niece and may not see her until the 26th.  I have to so see Dr. Body this afternoon.  The best part is that I seem to have coughed hard enough to burst blood vessels in my eyes, so they are now both pink all the way around.  I was going to work despite feeling crappy until I saw my then red eyes and decided looking scary wouldn't win me friends.  Besides,clearly my current antibiotic is not helping here.

I talked to Dr. Brain finally.  She thinks I feel bad because I'm tired from being sick.  She also promised me that I am not running out of Seroquel doses, a source of great anxiety since I'm already on more than recommended and didn't know how high she'll go.  It sounds like she'll go as high as I can tolerate.

The thing is that I'm supposed to be resting, but when?  I have work.  Then things keep coming up for weekends.  Saturday is Dr. Brain.  Next week our Christmas party for work is on Thursday so that Saturday is Dr. Mind.  Then Christmas which I should have 2 days that week to rest and do nothing else.

I just want to be past this and move on.  Not happening today though.  I always think this time of year drags because it is stessful and constantly busy but this year is topping them all b/c it's the same as usual but I'm not.

Oh well.  I'm just going to complain if I keep writing.  I'm at that point that I think most people get  to when sick where nothing is right.  I'dlove to sleep, but I can't fall asleep.  I can't get comfortable to read. I'm hungry and nothing appeals.  Etc.

Back to my crazy existence in this bed.....

2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Hope you sleep and feel better. Hoping there isn't a top out point for seroquel!!! Looking at the literature I didn't find one when I was on it for insomnia.

Michal Ann said...

I know you have so many challenges. Stopping to pray God's favor on you, sweet Jen. I'm glad for some relief on the Seroquel question AND glad for your contact with the docs, especially Dr. Brain!

You're the only one who can rest for you so keep making it a priority.

Try to focus on one of the aspects of Advent? The first Sunday was hope and yesterday was peace. As you know, "in this world you WILL have trouble but take heart........"

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.